Sunday, July 20, 2014

Blowing off the Dust

Following advice from so many in the writing world and needing a break, I put my middle grade novel away to collect dust while I worked on my YA before the conference. Months later, I've blown the dust off. And with new eyes, I read it out loud, did some edits, and printed it. Mistakes and questions really pop out when holding the pages in your hand, don't they? After more research I discovered a huge mistake in my story that left me dumbfounded! How could I miss this? Ugh! Thank the gods for showers-my place for creative solutions. What came to me yesterday morning while water rained down on my head will strengthen my story. I'm diving back into that vast sea of revision with a deadline floating above. I may need a life preserver ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment