Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day or Interdependence Day?

Today we celebrate our independence, but I prefer interdependence. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate what our founding fathers established-an independent country with freedoms that other countries don't have. Becoming independent, like when we leave our parents nest and strike out on our own, is empowering. I'll never forget moving into my little apartment in Hollywood Hills at age twenty-two. It was exciting; a time when anything was possible. But in creative and business endeavors, independence can be a lonely road. Interdependence you're never alone. Here, your unique talents are recognized and used for the betterment of the whole-cooperation.

When people ask me why don't you self-publish? My answer: I prefer to go beyond "self." A mutual symbiotic relationship is much more powerful. The almighty triad WAE-writer, agent & editor where we use our individual talents to obtain a common goal.
Happy Interdependence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment