Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Loved this Book!



The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Phillip Sendker touched my soul like no other book or film has. The title grabbed me right away, along with the beautiful cover-unfortunately I was unable to post it.  After reading the jacket flap, I bought it from Laguna Books, our local bookstore. The change of points of view from first person- Julia Win, a young woman living in NY, who flies to Burma to find her father, then to U ba's story that shifts it to third person, was brilliant! The writing is exquisite; I could feel, see, smell and taste everything. With all the mystery, intrigue, and surprises, it's the ego-less/deep unconditional love of Mi Mi and Tin Win that makes it profound...beyond romance. A true treasure worth discovering! And if it becomes a film, I'll be first in line!

No comments:

Post a Comment