Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Land-Locked Period Over

Holidays, work, family & some drama had me land-locked, but it's officially over. Thank God-Goddess for Miss Snark's First Victim Secret Agent Contest last week that got me wading in my Cea of Writing again with critiques for those who got picked by the bot. It was nice to read the agent's critiques, especially when it coincided with mine. Now, I'm up to my gills (Yes, I'm a fish) with rewrites for my YA and line edits for my MG. The chapter I added to my MG novel has been haunting me since I laid it to rest. And tonight's the night I resurrect it for revisions. I plan to set sail three more submissions by the end of the weekend. 

I did contact the assistant editor (will not reveal house) after three months had passed, thinking my submission was sucked into the cyber black hole. I received a prompt email back from him/her that it hadn't and that he /she has not had a chance to read it yet. Needless to say, I was pleased with the news! Other good news: I was asked to do an interview on a local radio show this Sunday on my process of writing children's books . Stay tuned for next week's blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment