Sunday, February 22, 2015

Book then Movie or Movie then Book?

"The book was so much better than the movie." Aren't you tired of saying that? Sometimes I watch the movie first, then read the book. You hard-core bookies are probably disgusted at the mere thought of this. Last night I watched "The Fault in Our Stars." I intended to read it awhile ago, but when I read the inside flap and the first page, I put it down. I wasn't up for a downer book-my experience with loved ones dying from "C" was not exactly uplifting. My boyfriend had the same reaction to the movie that I had to the book, but he still watched it with me, and we both loved it. Shaileen Woodley's performance as Hazel along with the writing & direction is what earned it a two thumbs up. I'm looking forward to reading John Green's book, and hopefully discovering some nuances that were left out.

I know I'll offend the die-hard "Hobbit" fans with this one: I read the book before the movies and for me, the movies were above and beyond the book. Sorry, Tolkien and awesome, Jackson! This of course, was out of the norm for me. Usually it's loved the movie but love the book more. Movie then Book- I dare you to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment