Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Picking up where I left off

I'm sure my one sentence kept you hanging in suspense! It took so much time for me to set up my blog that I was too tired to blog! Now, blog what? I wanted to chronicle my writing process but I haven't discovered yet where to do that. Soon, I'll visit the Oracle of Blog to guide me out of this fog! For now, a quick sum up - sort of.
      I woke up one morning with my children's book idea almost six years ago.  A year later, I wrote down the idea & title after watching Horton Hears a Who at our local little movie theatre. Yes, I started with a Seussical rhyming prologue which eventually ended up in the editing shredder! Any of you love your shredder as much as me?? During my five years of writing I never picked up a children's book or did any research on "how to" I just wanted to get everything out of me and into my laptop. I of course, had childhood memories of Charlie and the Choclate Factory, James and the Giant Peach, and a Wrinkle in Time. Interesting how different it is reading those classics as an adult, wouldn't you agree? Anyway, I wrote every chapter without editing along the way; if I did that, I wouldn't be here blogging on and on.
     April of 2011, Easter Sunday late morning I'm late for the family gathering but I finished my book!  (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment