Monday, January 30, 2012

Then Verdict is In!

Recap: October 1st pitched my MG to a literary agent and was told to mail the first fifty pages. I made a goal to get it ready and sent by mid-November. Mission accomplished with my critique team at my side!
At the beginning of 2012, the verdict was in, she said it was a sweet concept but she didn't connect to the narrative voice which was a personal preference and other agents may want to take on this project.

This didn't hit me too hard seeing that her genres were sci-fi, dystopian, paranormal and fantasy. My MG doesn't fall under these genres. We had a good correspondence and I appreciated her honesty. Agent-writer has to fit like the right puzzle piece and the editor is another piece of the puzzle. I'll continue to search out the right pieces that fit while my Cea of writing expands.

No comments:

Post a Comment